PATHWAYS TO GROWTH (P2G)
Credit - Natural England
The P2G Executive Board
The Coordination Group’s activities are overseen by the P2G Executive Board with Director level representation from BEIS, Defra, Scottish Government and Welsh Government. The Board is chaired by Benj Sykes – Workstream Sponsor and Head of Market Development, Consenting and External Affairs at Ørsted.
The P2G Coordination Group
The work is supported by the P2G Coordination Group. This group have prioritised a list of the 10 biggest environmental and consenting challenges that are causing delays and uncertainty in offshore wind consenting and are working together to resolve these challenges by:
- Maintaining an overview of all the work in consents, licencing and the environment relating to P2G;
- Seeking feedback from their organisations on what is already being done or is needed to provide resolution to the identified barriers;
- Ensuring that these actions complement and enhance the work of existing work programmes and strategic groups;
- Defining a clear road map with commitments to meet the 2030 and net-zero targets; and
- Initiating new work efficiently through existing groups and bodies where gaps emerge or, if this is not possible, identify and drive the relevant means to address the gap.